quinta-feira, 28 de abril de 2016

Change of names documents - from single to married

If there is one thing that is bureaucratic, takes time (sometimes money) and patience, it is changing the maiden name in all your official documents. I did it, I took the last name of my husband, I know today is no longer required, but decided to do it anyway.

So the change of documents is very very boring, but it has to be done right? So I will just work through it and get rid of this nightmare. I confess that there is not a big deal to solve no, but I don't have much patience at all.






And then the following, the very first bit:
RG (Identity Card) - Scheduling by the Police website and payment of the fee (around R$ 47 / R$ 48 in 2015). The day is scheduled to attend, you take your marriage certificate, two recent and identical photos 3x4 enabling them to be stamped and proof of payment. I do not remember if it was necessary to bring proof of residence, but in doubt, better to check. They mark another date to deliver (about 1 week later).


CPF (Brazilian National Insurance Number) - I made the change in the post office, with the new ID, current CPF, last vote voucher, proof of residence and marriage certificate. They charged me a rate of R$ 7.00 for it. They already give at the same time a proof of change for you.



Employment record card - no need to change (I later learned that they just put a change of information in the old record card), but didn't pay anything because I got an indication of a Member to take the copy of this document.


Voter Registration - Attend a Regional Electoral Court of the city or an Electoral Registry with your original documents that have changed, proof of residence and marriage certificate. There was no value charged for changing the document. It is ready at the same time.


INSS (National Social Security - Pension - Institute) - Schedule updating information on the INSS website and attend on the scheduled day and time (they only meet at the appointed time) with your marriage certificate, and all other personal documents, proof of residence, ID and CPF. There was no value charged for a data update. They already print and deliver it there a paper with the changes that were made.


Passport - that was a question I had, mainly because I am applying for spouse visa to live in England with my husband and I was afraid of having problems if it have seen with the maiden name. So I decided to change, but I know people that have not changed and walked around in England with the marriage certificate altogether the passport. Anyway, follow the steps as for the first passport. Site of the Federal Police, paid the fee schedule, take the documents and then you collect the new passport on the date they schedule for delivery. R$ 257.25 in 2016.



All the Banks that you have a checking account and/or savings, including the Savings Caixa Econômica Federal Bank to update the data of their FGTS (Guarantee Fund for Employees) and don't have problems in the future because of that, when you want to retire or have the right insurance - unemployment, salary bonuses, allowances, etc.


I changed the name in the register of the company that I work too, I don't know how it works for you, but here's an application and form filled to make the change and come right on the counter-check (payslip) and according to the record in FGTS, INSS and bank we receive our salary.





Driver's license (National Driver's License - CNH) - Go to the DMV(Detran) of your city provided the original and photocopy of ID, social security number, current CNH, marriage certificate and proof of residence. Still don't know the value because I have not done this change, will tell you another day here about this part.

Health and dental plans too!
Do not forget to also change in credit cards, Regional Councils, and utility bills, telephone, electricity, water, etc.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...