terça-feira, 12 de abril de 2016

Myths about gringos (and marriage with them) - Final part 5/5

And the sequence of these posts comes to end today...


5- I adapt myself well and easy in the local culture


Guys, do you have idea of the amount of things you will be changing by living in a different country from your own? All different, food, weather, places, the language (do you realize just how tricky it is when in the middle of an argument you want to use your native language but you can't?), Employment (will you get to work in your area of expertise or what you want to do? And the job interview?), laws, culture, lifestyle, people of your embrace, living far from family and friends and not be present at important moments such as births, marriages, illnesses, deaths, graduations, birthdays, Christmas, New Year etc. And when you have children? Have you ever imagined that the little contact that your children will have with your family, you will only be in Brazil during their holiday visits or when your relatives visit you? I'm wishing for my kids be kids who can talk well in both languages (and wishing that I can be a didactic mother to make them not to be confused with the two languages), so I can use Facetime for my family to participate a little more and be aware of their development.

So? Do you still think that it will be a piece of cake? It won't! Don't be misled by this thought...

So why are you going Lu? 
I have thought about all this already, and the Brazilian reality right now is not so encouraging, so analyzing everything rationally, the decision was I go instead of my husband comes to live here. Can you imagine him trying to get a job in Brazil in the current economic crisis?

Anyway, I also thought how hard it would be to live without my husband close to me. We have to make a choice in life right? If your husband isn't coming here, you will be going there then. So keep having lots of determination and perseverence and make the move knowing that the truth is: you will face these difficulties and so it will not be easy but you can do this and it may be worth because life in Europe is another story. But keep in mind that the certainty that you will adapt easily may not be true . My tip is: go there and try it! =)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...