segunda-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2016

The several subjects...

Hey up!
               

               New blog is like this: we have several ideas about thousands of things to write! I like that enthusiasm and creativity a mile a minute, but sometimes it's hard to just sit and organize ideas so that they are consistent for those who read them, so it requires time and patience! But I'm loving it!
             
               Since my last post, I have read several blogs, most of them on topics related to the same topic I write here and all I have to say is WOW! How many touching stories. How many beautiful images, families that have been built through a relationship based on international love  .... beautiful! Only inspires and makes me more excited to write my story here and contribute more to whoever is interested in the subject.

               I remembered some more details about this application journey into an English visa. Many people I know have had this same following question about my situation: But now that you are married, do you not have the right to go and live there with him automatically? This does not automatically give you citizenship rights? You Still need a visa and paperwork and bureaucracy to achieve this?

                I wish the answer for all of it was different, but the answer to all this is: unfortunately, no! I am still required to provide many documents and evidences to prove that our relationship and marriage was (and is) in fact true. I still have to apply for the spouse visa which initially only lasts two and half years, and then renew it again for another 2 and a half years before becoming entitled to apply for British citizenship there. I can not go and live with my husband without all the correct documents completed and approved, otherwise it would be illegal for me to live there in England (For 6 months Brazilians are entitled to stay there as a tourist) and once this is used they not have permission to go back there anymore without a visa.

                Hence a number of things you have to prove: financial resources (your partner in England must earn at least £18.600 per year, get a letter from the employer, copy of the employment contract, last 6 months bank statements, tax receipts ok etc.), accommodation (a contract hire or family letter authorizing you to go and live with them in England), relationship length, show if you have met personally (airline tickets proving this, and stays vouchers in hotels, for example) , wedding events photos and documents, conversations on the internet (Skype, Whatsapp. Facebook, SMS, emails, phone calls, letters, MSN, eveeeerything), marriage certificate, personal documentation (photo, passport with sufficient validity and a blank page), It is even hard to list everything here! Seriously, they require soooo much!!!

                Not ending there, we Brazilians still have to take a proficiency test in English (they require at least to be achieved the A1 level) to apply for a visa. This test is only performed in some Brazilian states and costs (currently) R$ 885.00. I'll have to travel to do it!

               And not stopping there, we can not apply for the visa from England! The application must be made in Brazil and wait for the response here also (which can take up to 12 weeks). To wait there would not be appropriate as I couldn't work as tourist and only one of us (in this case, my husband) would bear all the costs by himself.

               I know they offer an express service option for the visa too, which costs £380 extra. But I told you that the visa already costs £956? And the health insurance that is mandatory and costs around £600 .... This converted to our currency equivalent to more than R$10,000! I am feeling poor since I started reading all these demands ...
              
               We thought about hiring an immigration lawyer to assist us in this process because everything seems very difficult and requires lots of time, but a lawyer told me that this is not rocket science apparently and I really hope this too! We are still analyzing the possibility to rely on the help of a professional, because it could be one extra expense we don't need and will it really help us. Anyway, I update you on the subject.

                Well, furhermore, I hope I can talk about each detail separately in future posts. This post  today was very superficial and i'm only quoting what was needed.


T'ra and see ya in a bit! xxx

2 comentários:

  1. Well getting married with someone from another country it`s not easy. It takes a lot of determination, maturity and patience because it isn`t easy to wait for all the papers, documentation and bureaucratic paperwork.

    But from my experience I can say to you to hang in there, you two as a couple will get out from this experience stronger. I didn`t move to England I came to the U.S. that is as hard to get the visa as it is to get a visa to England. I wish you luck and I will love to see your "happy moving" in a while from now.

    Xoxo.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Yeah you're right, it's not easy at all... It takes patience, time and strong love! All the paperword is such a boring thing to pass through! Thank you for your advice... We will wait sim, struggling with this distance but in the end i hope gaving a happy ending!

    ResponderExcluir

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...